Returned Material Authorization Policy
- A Returned Material Authorization (RMA) must be issued before returning any product to Beckman Coulter, Inc. (BCI) for replacement or credit.
- A Returned Material Authorization (RMA) can be obtained by calling BCI customer service at 800-526-3821.
- Customer will be responsible for freight and insurance expenses associated with product returns, except when a return is due to an error by BCI (determined at the sole discretion of BCI).
- Once RMA is issued, Customer must return the product to BCI (as specified in the RMA) within 30 days.
- Upon receipt, BCI will inspect the product and, if the product passes inspection, shall issue a credit or send a replacement for the products.
- To receive credit or a replacement product, Customer must return the product in the same condition as delivered (normal wear is excepted for instruments).
- If a product can be restocked (as determined by BCI), Customer must request RMA within 30 days of the product invoice date and will incur a 15% processing fee to be offset against any credit issued.
- All Service Part Sales are final.
Reagents and other Consumables
(Excludes service part consumable sales)
- BCI will issue an RMA only if the product is under warranty and the Customer has handled and stored the product according to its labeling.
- BCI will not issue an RMA for any dated or expired product, product made from hazardous materials or product requiring temperature control.
Instruments and Accessories
- For purchased products, BCI will issue an RMA only if the instrument or accessory is under warranty and only if a BCI field service representative has verified and documented the instrument or accessory cannot be repaired.
- BCI will not issue an RMA for instruments and accessories covered by an unexpired lease or reagent rental type agreement.
- For products obtained under a lease or reagent rental-type agreement, BCI will issue an RMA only after expiration of the lease or rental-type agreement, and only after Customer has provided a 90-day notice that the lease or reagent rental-type agreement is not to be renewed.
Option to Destroy Product
- At BCI’s sole option and instead of issuing an RMA, BCI may require Customer to destroy a product for credit or replacement.
- BCI will issue a credit upon instructing Customer to destroy the product. BCI may verify the product was destroyed pursuant to its instructions, and in the event the product was not destroyed as instructed, BCI may invoice the Customer for the price of the product.