Optimized Multicolor Immunophenotyping Panels (OMIPs) for Flow Cytometry
Pre-order your copy below.
Designing and optimizing multicolor immunophenotyping panels is a time consuming and typically iterative process. It can take up to four months of work prior to using it for experimental purposes.  In 2010 Cytometry Part A published a Communication to the Editor calling for the publication of a new peer reviewed publication type, the OMIP, Optimized Multicolor Immunophenotyping Panel.
“The goals of this publication type are: (1) to alleviate the development time for researchers who wish to use the same (or highly similar) panels, (2) to provide a starting point for the creation of novel OMIPs, and (3) to provide a mechanism for attribution to the developers of the panel via citation of the publication.” 
A paradigm shift in the field of flow cytometry is making this technique more accessible to researchers. Advances in instrumentation are bringing high performance in lower cost benchtop analyzers. Software that reduces the complexity of instrument and experiment setup promotes robust data collection by investigators new to flow cytometry. Algorithms for data analysis and dimension reduction aid the researcher in data interpretation. Resources and information to aid in robust panel design are also allowing biologists to apply the multiparametric approach to their cellular systems. In this book we’ve brought together Beckman Coulter’s cutting-edge tools for multicolor flow cytometry and resources to aid in experimental design.
1. Mahnke, Y., Chattopadhyay, P. and Roederer, M. (2010), Publication of optimized multicolor immunofluorescence panels. Cytometry, 77A: 814-818. doi:10.1002/cyto.a.20916
This 100+ page booklet will include:
- Organized OMIP publications by biology to help identify the best resource to start your panel design
- Beckman Coulter's DURAClone antibody backbone panels
- Suggestions for detectors needed for each panel
- Includes tips and resources for data analysis
Complete the form to pre-order you book today!